Sunday 17 February 2013

Ribbons and Bibbons and Loops and Lace

I have been investigating (along with a trusty small girl tester) making some hair accessories.  So far we have tried soft hair bands (I would call these Alice Bands but I think Alice bands are really the hard plastic versions) heart bobbles and a crochet tiara (or crown as its called by Miss E).




Photographing small girls is waaay harder than you think on account of the fact that they just don't stay still.  Ever.  Even with bribes of marshmallows.  Hence I have no photo of the Alice type band.  I will keep trying though as I am very proud of anything I manage to achieve on my sewing machine as it always feels like a triumph of luck over adversity when I manage to make something half decent a I am never totally sure what I am doing!

I have more ribbon ready to sew up a few more (for Miss E and her friends) and if they are popular I am hoping to list a few for sale as there don't seem to be many UK sellers of girly hair things and with postage so added on it makes US ones become quite expensive.  I listed some of the heart crochet bobbles already in time for Valentines day but haven't got round to doing any more colours yet as I have been busy with the bunny and berry hats.

Whilst looking into all things ribbon and button related I finally got round to checking out our local "new" sewing shop.  (I say new but was embarrassed to find when I finally went in that they had been open for a whole year!)  I was really impressed (and so was Miss E who demanded to be released from the buggy to go and browse the button collection) to find lots of gorgeous ribbon much cheaper than I had been paying online (the dreaded postage costs again!) and some really cute buttons.  I have promised Miss E her very own button box so on Monday before ballet when her brother is at the childminders we will go in and choose a few together to start her collection off!

No comments:

Post a Comment