Monday 3 June 2013

Taddies

I remember fondly being at Primary school as a child and the excitement of watching tadpoles grow into frogs.  This year I decided we would look after some here so the children could watch them grow and change.  We went out to try and find frogspawn a few weeks ago and came back empty handed but while we were away friends said their local canal was filled with tadpoles so as soon as we got back we drove over to collect a few.






I don't have any pictures of us catching the tadpoles as the canal was quite low so we left the fishing out to a grown up!  Here are the children drawing them on the day we picked them up.



They are now living in a tank in the garden with a huge rock in as apparently when their legs start to grow they need to be able to climb out of the water or they will drown.

1 comment:

  1. Loved doing that when I was young. We had some in the ditches, but it has been so dry, I wonder how they are now :/
    xx

    ReplyDelete