Monday 11 August 2014

Flapjack Cookies





Whilst I was looking at crochet lampshades (of all things!!!) I spotted these oaty biscuits on Attic24 and decided they were just the thing for a quick bake today.  They were super quick and easy and taste divine, like a cross between a flapjack and a cookie.  Unfortunately after I had made them Mr T reminded me that he doesn't like flapjacks anymore but luckily Miss E loves them and I am more than happy to eat a few extra as well!

The recipe is super easy, just melt 100g of butter with 50g soft brown sugar and 2 tablespoons of honey in the microwave.  Mix it then add 100g of oats and 100g self raising flour and 50g dried fruit and mix.

I then lined a baking tray with greaseproof paper and splodged 16 blobs of the mixture, pressing them down slightly with a fork.  They will spread a bit so give them a bit of space.  Cook for about 12 minutes at gas mark 4 until they are just slightly golden.  I took them off the paper and onto a rack while they were still warm and soft and then ate some warm!!

No comments:

Post a Comment