Wednesday 6 August 2014

Wool shopping...alone and a new bonnet

The small people were busy with my parents and I managed to make my first solo trip to the wool barn in a very long time.  It made it so much easier to be able to concentrate on all the different yarns, taking in all the colours and deciding which designs would suit the different yarns.  I could have come away with bags full but as I have a fair stash at home (!!) I was very restrained and just got some thick and thin yarn in a variegated green and lilac colourway.  Here it is knitted up into a bonnet, I am really pleased with how it has turned out.  I think that perhaps the colour is actually more Spring than Autumn but I think it will look gorgeous for newborn photo shoots and the lilac colours seem to match up well with Pantone's autumn/fall 2014 predictions of radiant orchid and mauve mist.

The bonnet is listed for sale on The Yarn Owls Nest Etsy shop.

No comments:

Post a Comment